Phase 1 All-Region auditions will take place on Thursday, November 21 at Grapevine High School. An information packet was sent home with all the important details. If you have any additional questions, please talk to your band director.
1. Senior Night is scheduled for October 25th -- the game against Hebron.
2. There is a limit of 4 parents/escorts per student. No siblings or extended family will be allowed on the field. If you are bringing siblings or extended family, those guests will view the proceedings from the bleachers. All the organizations have many seniors to honor this year, so we cannot make exceptions. We need the names of the parents/escorts by Friday, October 18. Please fill out the form below to ensure your names will be read.
3. Parents/escorts should be in the North end zone at 6:15 pm. If you enter through the field access gate at the south end of the stadium, you will be able to work your way down the sidelines to the north end. This entrance does not require a ticket. If you plan to stay for the game, you will need a ticket and this letter contains information regarding ticket purchase.
4. The seniors from all organizations will form 4 lines and then all take the field. All groups will be on the turf when line 1 is introduced. When line 1 introductions are finished, line 1 will exit the turf as a group and lines 2, 3 and 4 will move forward. When line 2 introductions are finished, line 2 will exit the turf as a group and lines 3 and 4 will move forward. And so on... We are requesting that groups wait to leave the turf until the entire line has been introduced. If parents/guardians wish to take a snapshot, this will be the opportunity for those pictures. It is very distracting when introductions are being made and people are moving around.
5. As the student and their parents/guardians are introduced, the student and escorts will step forward, acknowledge the crowd and then return to the line. We are hoping this will reduce the amount of wait time between introductions.
6. After groups leave the turf, the seniors will join their respective groups and parents/guardians will exit the field. Parents/guardians staying for the game will enter the stadium through the south gates.
Our annual poinsettia fundraiser is on! Sales start now and complete at the end of the month. Order forms and money need to be turned in by Wednesday October 30. The plants will be delivered on Tuesday, December 3rd. They make great gifts for friends, neighbors and employees as well as decorations for your home, office or place of worship. Details:
Great job yesterday and the BOA Conroe Regional! You should be extremely proud of all your hard work! Only 1 month left in this year's marching band. Let's make it the best Flower Mound band ever!
Congratulations to the drumline for sweeping all captions and winning their class at the Plano drumline contest this past Saturday! Great job students!
Our first home football game of the season is this Friday! We are excited to finally perform for the home crowd! Due to construction on campus, parking will be at a premium. To help alleviate the strain on parking, the administration has asked us to do the following:
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding!
The second annual March-A-Thon is today between 10 and noon! The band will divide into 4 teams and will play at various locations throughout the area. This is our chance to help give back to the community. Donations will be accepted at many March-A-Thon locations. If you are unable to attend but would like to make a donation, you can mail a check made payable to Flower Mound Band at 3411 Peters Colony, Flower Mound, TX 75022.
Tom Thumb - Bruton/Orand - 1171
Home Depot 2499
Sam Pack 5 Star Ford Country I-35
Huffines Chevrolet I-35
Huffines Chrysler/Ford/Dodge I-35
Kwik Kar McKamy Creek/3040
Barnes & Noble Highland Village
Red Robin 2499/407
Through a unique community effort in the Shadow Ridge Middle School/Flower Mound area, the overall mission of the Music Miles 5K & Fun Run is to primarily raise funds for the Shadow Ridge Middle School Band. We hope to promote camaraderie, leadership and teamwork among students and the Shadow Ridge MS community, and promote healthy activity by all participants through running and walking. Shadow Ridge Band Students will be performing throughout the course. You can register online here. Enjoy the camaraderie and live music!
You can order 2013 band photos by downloading and completing the order form. Order forms should be mailed directly to the photographer. The address is located on the bottom of the form.